Graduation Party Planning
Graduation is a great reason to celebrate! To celebrate the graduation of your grad, gather family and friends together.
Graduation parties can be overwhelming to plan. The food, decorations, guest list, invitations, and tables all need to be considered. Because we work with hundreds of people who plan graduation parties every year, we have compiled a list of important things to remember.
To ensure that your rental options are available, and to ensure that your guests have made their plans, you need to plan ahead. Next, budget your rental equipment, food and decorations. Next, choose your theme, color scheme, and décor. Parents and graduates often choose the school colors for their high school or future college. You can find many decorations that match the black/white/gold color scheme if you’re not interested in the college or high school theme.
What you need to plan the perfect Graduation party?
1) Tables for guest sitting (nobody likes to stand and eat). You can rent rectangular or round tables. It’s up to you. We prefer round tables for better guest experiences. Most people rent four 5′ round tables that can seat 8 people. Cocktail tables allow people to mix and mingle after they have finished eating.
2) A place to serve food, dessert, and any display/picture collages of the graduate. Rectangular tables work well.
3) Renting a tent can be used to shade your guests on sunny summer days or protect you from the rain. A 20 x 20 or 20 x 30 frame tent is the most common size. A 20×20 frame tent can hold up to 40 people, while a 30×30 frame tent can house up to 60. To ensure that your tent is available, we recommend that you reserve it at least 3-4 months ahead. This size tent is not available in all party rental companies so make sure to reserve it as soon as you can!
4) Find a caterer or you can prepare your own food if you plan ahead.
5) Contact them ahead to discuss any professional requirements, such as florists or bakers, or event planners.